My favoritest husband ever turns 25 today! He’s been the best thing that’s ever happened to me. I could NOT imagine life without him! So, here’s to Brian. He…
- is the second oldest of four boys.
- grew up in South Dakota, but is proud that he did not grow up on a ranch!
- won multiple awards for his carpentry skills and placed in college-level for his carpentry knowledge, while still in high school.
- worked as a manager at Subway, which is where he met his now best friend who led him to the Lord when they were 16 years old.
- was a youth leader and a kind of intern at his church after accepting the Lord.
- was kicked out of the house by his parents when he announced he was going to Bible school and not a trade school.
- moved to Bible school with everything he owned in the trunk of his car and began a new life… which included ME two months later. 🙂
- asked me to marry him after a terrifying week with my father explaining all the reasons why Brian thought we should be together.
- worked three jobs while going through his last year of Bible school just to ensure that we had a nice wedding and a stable life waiting for us after the ceremony.
- worked as hard as possible during our first year of marriage so we could own a house a year later.
- was never content just being a working man; was constantly looking for opportunities to serve the Lord full-time, but wanted to be sure he led us as a family in the right direction.
- led his youngest brother to the Lord in 2006 ~ one of the happiest days of his life.
- was an amazing godfather to our little goddaughter Luxona for the first two years of her life.
- was willing to sell everything, live with my parents, and move to a foreign country as a missionary, without first “trying out” like everyone wanted him to.
- is doing his absolute best to learn Spanish, regardless of how hard or how many people laugh at him.
- is one of the hardest, most dedicated, most faithful workers I’ve ever met in my life.
- has the biggest servant’s heart of anybody I know.
- is my best friend, my hero, my husband.
I love you, Brian. Happy Birthday.